Foods that lead to flawless skin
Choosing the right foods to eat can get you flawless skin in no time. Below is a list of foods that will get you that radiant skin simply by adding them into your daily diet.
- Eggs: High in protein and little fat — Eggs also contain Vitamin A which helps reduce dry skin, wrinkles, and brown spots. Try to avoid fatty foods because they can cause your skin to age.
- Almond Milk: Research has shown that dairy can aggravate acne, rashes, and wrinkles. Almond milk is a great alternative for your skin.
- Oatmeal: To achieve healthy skin stay away from refined, sugary carbs because they produce more oil that can get trapped underneath your pores, causing pimples to form. For a low-sugar oatmeal try adding fruits or natural sweeteners such as honey.
- Spinach: Contains Vitamin C and helps with skin cell growth. Spinach has a high water content which helps you feel full faster and aids your skin into looking plump and fresh.
- Strawberries: They’re sweet, delicious, and amazing for your skin. Strawberries also contain Vitamin C which aids in fighting radicals that damage your skin cells and collagen, which can lead to wrinkles. Add strawberries to a spinach salad to give your skin that extra boost it needs.
- Ground Turkey: This lean protein provides skin with the building blocks for collagen and elastin, the fibers that help skin look firm and wrinkle free. Research also shows that the levels of zinc and niacin in ground turkey may also help treat inflammatory acne. Research also shows that the levels of zinc and niacin in ground turkey may also help treat inflammatory acne.
- Wild Salmon: Salmon is considered a super food because it does wonders for skin. Wild salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids that help your skin stay moisturized. Keeping your skin moisturized is one of the most important things you can do for your skin.
- Shrimp: These tiny shellfish have big nutrition benefits. They contain a potent antioxidant (it’s what gives them their pink color), and they contain omega-3s for additional antioxidant power. Shrimp contain zinc which is an excellent anti-inflammatory that scientists have found can help reduce acne breakouts.
- Sweet Potatoes: They don’t need to be eaten only on Thanksgiving! This root vegetable carries an antioxidant called beta-carotene which aids in preventing fine lines and wrinkles. In addition to its antioxidant benefits, beta-carotene helps to encourage skin cell turnover, so the skin’s surface looks smooth and fresh.
- Olive Oil: This delicious oil is a crucial ingredient for healthy skin and helps fight oxidative damage (from the sun or pollution) and prevents inflammation, one of the main causes of premature aging. Research shows that increased olive oil consumption helps hydrate your skin from the inside. Extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest so throw out your vegetable and canola oil and start using olive oil instead.
- Grapes, blueberries, blackberries and peanuts: They all contain an ingredient called resveratrol which is a polyphonic compound that reduces the production of damaging free radicals and helps retard the development and growth of skin cancer tumors.
- Cherries: The chemicals in this tart fruit can help inhibit pigmentation and contain a hormone linked to slowing the aging process.
- Green Tea: This potent drink is an antioxidant powerhouse that offers protection against damage like UV rays and helps prevent damage that can lead to cancer. Sipping green tea helps your skin repair itself and help fights premature aging. Green tea extracts are derived from the Camellia sinensis plant. Green tea contains a number of powerful polyphenols, one of which is called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). This ingredient helps correct cellular changes caused by damaging UV rays and causes carcinogenic skin cells to degrade.