How Does a PRP Facial / Vampire Facelift Work?
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could enjoy all the benefits of a cosmetic facelift without the risks associated with “going under the knife?” Well, now you can. Thanks to the vampire facelift. That’s only the beginning of the great things you can experience with the vampire facelift. Here’s how it works.
The Three Step Process
The vampire facelift procedure involves three steps. Each step fulfilling a specific purpose in the rejuvenation of your face.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers are used to help create a beautiful, natural looking shape for your face.
- Patient’s blood is used (hence the vampire aspect of the facelift) to isolate platelet-rich plasma (PRP) growth factors.
- PRP growth factors are injected into the skin to help promote new cell growth and regeneration in the face.
The problem with traditional facelifts is that, while they may be able to address the shape of the face, they come with real risks, including that of infection, bleeding and adverse reaction to anesthesia.
The vampire facelift involves the injection of PRP growth factors. Many believe it’s better than a traditional facelift without the surgery, downtime, recovery period, or price tag.
Benefits of PRP Facials / Vampire Facelifts
Many people desire the firmness that plastic surgery promises when it comes to maintaining a youthful facial shape. However, many people have concerns about the surgical aspect of plastic surgery along with the costs and recovery periods. The PRP facial / vampire facelift removes these concerns from the equation allowing you to go after the beautiful face you desire without the incredible risks plastic surgery provides.
The benefits do not end there, however. Unlike plastic surgery, which doesn’t address the actual texture and condition of your skin, the PRP facial / vampire facelift offers the following results:
- Improved skin texture thanks to the stimulation of collagen and keratin production.
- Results that are immediately visible as well as improvements that occur over time.
- Gradual increases in skin thickness and vitality.
- Minimal concerns related to safety or disease transmission (you’re using your own blood for the procedure).
- Suitable for sensitive under eye area where other types of treatments cannot be used.
- Useful in combination with other treatments.
- Fast. The entire treatment lasts 45 – 60 minutes.
- Practically painless. While there may be some pain and tenderness associated with injection sites, you should expect no long-term pain after the procedure, however.
The effects of the treatment are long-lasting as well. Initially, three treatments are recommended, spaced four to eight weeks apart. Afterward the results may last up to two years, though yearly treatments are recommended to sustain the results and promote continuous rejuvenation.
Still have questions about the vampire facelift and PRP facials? We’re happy to answer any questions you have here at Savannah Age Management Medicine. Call us at (912) 925-6911 or schedule your free consultation today.