It is normal and understandable that men considering the PRP Shot (also known as the Platelet Rich Plasma Shot) want as much information on the possible side effects of the procedure. Below is a list of the known (and disproven) side effects seen after thousands of Priapus Shots performed world-wide:
- The only known negative side effect reported is occasional bruising at the injection sites. This is normal with any kind of injection. The needle used to perform the procedure is the smallest effective diameter to minimize both bruising and increase comfort for the patient.
- There have been no reports of rejection. This is because the platelet rich plasma being injected is derived directly from the patient’s own blood.
- Because the procedure is performed in a sterile environment (such as a trained and certified provider’s office), there have been no reports of infection.
- No cosmetic fillers are used during the procedure (which can cause lumpiness).
- It is important to remember that the P Shot can take up to 12 weeks to see full results.
- A small number of patients (approximately 10%-20%) report insufficient improvement of their condition. For these patients additional P Shots are recommended based on the severity of the issues being addressed.
What most men experience with the PRP Shot are
- Safer, less evasive, and less expensive than surgical procedures.
- For those patients who take pharmaceuticals to treat ED, many find that the PRP Shot improves their response to the medication, or the medication is no longer necessary.
- Greater stamina and firmer erections.
- Straighter, less painful erections. The Priapus Shot is currently being studied as a safe, effective treatment for Priapism, a condition causing pain and curvature of the penis.
- More sensitivity.
- Increased libido.
- Improved blood circulation of the penis.
- Improved prostate function.
- Improved urinary incontinence.
- 60% of patients also report increases in girth and length of the penis.
For men considering whether the P Shot is the right choice for you, we offer a free, no-obligation consultation to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Dr. Harry Collins is the only physician trained and certified to perform the PRP Shot in the Savannah/Hilton Head area.